Happy Hooowloween! A fun time for kids of all ages and for our furry friends. A fabulous way to include our dogs and cats into the celebrations is to bake them yummy healthy treats just for the occasion!
Here are simple cookie recipes from some of our favorite Cat & Dog Blogs that will make your dog and cat go crazy with joy while the healthy ingredients are great for their fur and skin.
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup smooth natural or organic peanut butter
1 cup hot water or 1 cup skim milk
1 egg (Great for a shiny coat)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter and hot water until smooth. Slowly add the dry mixture and mix well. Add a little more water or milk if the dough is too dry, or flour if it’s too wet.
- Place onto your counter and roll to 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool, and then let the begging begin!
Cat Crazy Crackers
6 ounces of undrained tuna
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into treat sized pieces.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool. Give to your cat and watch them gobble it up.
***Always check with your vet about the best nutritional plan and ingredients for your pet
Enjoy A Happy Healthy Halloween!